Hitherfield School Council
We trust Hitherfield children to help us make the decisions that shape our school and make it the way that they want it to be. Children from Year 1 to Year 6 engage with the democratic process to elect representatives onto our School Council. Each class elects one School Councillor and up to 5 School Councillors are co-opted based on the skills they can bring to the group.
The children who make up the School Council are an important part of our leadership team and we trust them to ensure that the views of all Hitherfield children are taken into account. We meet every two weeks to discuss issues raised during Class Councils and to decide how we are going to help to move things forward.
Over the past few years, the School Council has:
- Represented the pupils of the school during a range of events
- Spoken to visiting adults about the school
- Organised fund-raising events and raised money for charities (especially when disaster has struck communities in other parts of the world)
- Decided how money should be spent in the playground
- Helped change the School Dinner menu
- Designed questions for the Pupil Questionnaire
- Ensured that we have Hitherfield’s Got Talent as an annual event.